Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mom of Farm Boys!

Last night I think I found worst time of day... And maybe one of the biggest downfalls of having boys. Let me paint you a better picture...

It's 4:00am and you know who wants his bottle... I come downstairs to get it, and instantly went down--- I repeat "mom down!" My sweet and loving baby boys decided to leave the farm animals out on the carpet last night instead of putting them in the barn. You'd be amazed what horrible pain a plastic Little People Piggy causes on a bare foot. That's it... That's the big down fall--- if they were girl's it may have been a dolly. BUT in our farmhouse there's a 50/50 chance... 50% chance it'll be a cow, pig, horse and the other 50% could be a tractor, baler, combine.... Ah, raising farm boys--- ain't life great! 

Speaking of my "farm boys"--- is our house the only one that the cow doesn't "moo". Yep, in our house we have a stuffed bull and a baby calf. Both make different sounds... Thank you politically correct farm dad. I look forward to our boys going to preschool and arguing about what sound a "cow" makes :) and better yet, I would like to apologize in advance for the day they will explain the difference between a cow and a bull.--- quite possibly it'll be in front of the whole class. BUT--- I have a plan for that too. EMERGENCY CONTACT will be listed as Dad or Grandpa, they can explain. 

That's today's trials and tribulations: being a mom of farm boys... And it's only  just begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment