Sunday, August 18, 2013

Listen for the Laughter....

I am so fortunate to be able to stay home with my boys everyday. Each day I wake up knowing that today's going to be great! The first wrestling match, saying "dada" for the first time, rolling over... I get to be the one to see it all, first! Which brings us to the next part of our day..... PLAY TIME!

One thing's for sure, we do a lot of playing. If I don't get laundry done, I don't get laundry done. If the sink is full of dishes, so be it! My boys and I play. On a typical day you can find us playing with a singing barn, dancing with Mickey, splashing at the water table, or crawling thru the tunnel. (Yes, I know what you are wondering, of course I get in the tunnel) There's nothing in the world greater than seeing the boys learn and discover new things every single day. Example: Landon went in the tunnel from the North, Logan headed in from the south.... they ran into each other in the middle and the giggles were hysterical. Landon gets to laughing so hard his nose wrinkles up, eyes squint, and he snorts! Logan has this deep deep little belly laugh... as a mom, that's music to my ears--- I must be doing something right!
They are so fortunate to have each other to play with. A few months back, I was approached by a lady who said to me, "Two babies, how exhausting"... the truth is, when I went home that night yes, I was exhausted; However I kind of felt sad for singletons. My boys will ALWAYS have a friend, they will always have someone to go on adventures with. When they want to play hide and seek, they will have a hider and a seeker. It's already been proven, sometimes being a brother IS better than being a superhero!

So, next time you're in the area... stop in. Look past the dishes, step over the laundry... and listen for the laughter, because in the end--- that's all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment