Monday, August 19, 2013

"How do you get anything done?"

After my last post, I thought I'd answer the question crossing your mind...
"How in the world can you get anything done?"

WELL...For the first few months, I had a trick up my sleeve... a little cleaning fairy that would zip around my house every few days. She specialized in picking up burp rags, cleaning bottles, vacuuming the floor, and still managed to snuggle babies. My mom would come up after work, or on her day off and without being asked she just snapped her fingers, and somehow the house was clean!

That was then, this is now.......
The boys both nap at the same time. So, Mom gets some time to do all the little things she can't do with two little boys under her feet. Some days their naps last 15 minutes and other days I get a good 2-3 hours worth of silence. On the days of long naps, I am a mad woman cleaning! Laundry, Vacuum... dishes... and anything else I can think of. It is truly amazing how much a person can get done in such a small amount of time. The trick is..... after the boys go to bed, I do another sweep of the house, and hopefully between the two times it looks presentable. 

With two babies born at 38 weeks in perfect health... You get a big reality check on what really is important. Someday my house will be perfectly clean, but not today. Today this house will have toys all over the floor, and next year a feedlot operation---complete with fencing and lots of little plastic cattle will take over both the dining room and living room... But that's okay, my boys are making memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment