Friday, August 23, 2013

It's all in how you look at it!

There are a few advantages of having twins... I mean, yes... we do get to be the lucky ones to buy double the formula, and double the diapers.... BUT, when it comes to buy one get one free sales-- they were made for our family! Another big advantage of having twins is our bedtime routine.

Having two babies, I wasn't able to really rocking them to sleep for very long. You see, they've never been to big on being held together. I guess they think they just had way to much quality snuggle time for 9 months that they're just not interested. They learned at a very young age to soothe themselves... Landon sucks on his middle finger & ring finger, Logan is a thumb-type of kid. Landon also puts his free hand on the back of his head at the same time... the great thing is, at 8:00, my boys get put down for bed. I literally put them into their cribs (yes, they are in separate cribs) and walk away. 99% of the time I don't hear a word. THAT is fantastic!

Another "advantage" about having two is when one gets sick, the other gets sick... BUT, the way I see it, I know it's coming! So, unlike parents of just one baby, I get a forewarning. It's all in how you look at things!

But by far the biggest advantage of having two is the number of volunteers I have to babysit! I kind of figured it would be hard to find sitters when we had 2... that's not at all the case. SO, if you have volunteered --- I haven't forgotten about you, and I'll be calling just as soon as "more of their daddy" comes out in them.

Once again, it's all in how you look at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment