Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"What goes around comes around"

So, the other day I went into a bit more detail on my "Baby A" so today, I'll go a little more in depth on my "baby B".

Logan was our extra little surprise... he was called Baby B throughout my entire pregnancy because honestly, we didn't have his name picked out. Landon was decided right away, Logan took ALOT of convincing. His Dad wanted Cooper, I wanted Langston... I'm a big believer in naming twins close to the same name. See, growing up I use to play house and I had twin girls named Tara & Kara. Cute Right? That's what I thought... Looking back now, thinking of naming him Langston was a TERRIBLE idea. Landon and Logan just flows, Landon and Langston would have been horribly confusing.

Logan was hooked into the SIDE of my placenta, so every doctor's visit we focused especially close on his growth. We knew that a time may come when the boys might have to come early if Logan wasn't growing properly... lucky for us-- our little man grew perfectly on target with his brother and life was good! When the boys were born, the nurses did their normal "check them overs" and it was discovered that Logan had a dimple where his spinal cord ended. The next morning they came in to get him to do an ultra sound to make sure that his spinal cord had fused shut, and thankfully it had. At the time we had no idea what that little spot could mean. In twins especially, that could have been a sign of spinal issues... it was a long hot summer but I was so thankful at that moment that I was able to carry to 38 weeks, because if he would have come any sooner, we might not have gotten so lucky.

Logan has always been our little fighter! I 100% believe that he has fought for everything his whole life. And this is why he had such an amazing immunity when he came out. He instantly caught on to nursing, had 0 issues switching to formula, and automatically took a liking to whole milk. He also tends to pick on his brother a lot. There is NO way he's going to let Landon get off easy. 9 times out of 10 Logan is the one to antagonize. Taking toys away, wrestling... and when he's up to know good -- you know it about 60 seconds BEFORE he gets into trouble. Example - He will stand with a toy at the tv table at his grandma's house... he knows he's not to slam that toy on the wood, he'll look right at you--- grin and giggle then turn around a boom boom boom! Oh buddy, watch out world--this little boy's going to give us a run for our money. He is every definition of ornery but I wouldn't want him any other way!

If any saying comes to mind it's this one...
"what goes around comes around..."
(and I'd say his Dad has had this coming for a lot of years...)

No comments:

Post a Comment