Friday, September 20, 2013

...on the farm...

Raising children on the farm is a must after being around some "city folk" today. Today we adventured to see Thomas the Train... At 8:15 I decided we'd tag along with my sister's family--- and so 1 hour later we were on the road! 

Fast forward---While on the train ride, the family sitting across the isle from us pointed out the "horses" in the pasture we were passing by-- hello! That was NOT a horse, that's what we call a donkey-- or a Jackass to be perfectly correct. I bit my lip to not explain to those kids--- BUT as I looked at my little "city" niece and nephew, I DID make sure they knew! 

Suddenly it dawned on me... it seems to be kind of "out of norm" to raise your kids on the farm these days. Our boys will learn responsibility the best way possible, in the barn. They will learn the hard part of life when they have a pup hit on the road. They will see the greatest things in life are not things... It is the passion to be able to love an animal with all of your heart and form a bond with them--- a bond so strong that even if the world has turned it's back on you, the barn will always be the sanctuary. Their safe place... That my friends is something that can only be found raising kids on a farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment