Monday, September 16, 2013

How it really was...

As the boys get older, I can now truly express how the first few months with them went... Warning: if you are expecting more than one baby--- do not read. (The unknown is best)

When I say we were up every half hour, I'm not even kidding. I can recall looking at the clock praying it would say 4:00am--- I told myself at 4:00, it was okay to start the day. For us, their was no trick to get those babies to sleep. We tried the co-sleeper approach, putting them both in 1 crib -- that didn't seem to matter. We also tried lullaby music, swings... You name it! I actually could be seen in my reclining sofa with two little boys on my chest, those few hours were fantastic! 

We went through about 500 diapers in the first month... My days consisted of diaper changes, feedings, and no sleep haha! 

SO...
When I hear: "oh, just wait--- that was the easy part"... They definitely are only a parent of singleton babies...
No mother of multiples would disagree when I say that if anyone went through the first few months a mother of mutiples does--- they'd never again say something so foolish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment