Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New Shoe Delight #2

New Shoe Delight #2

Just the other day the boys got a new pair of shoes that were ordered offline. Two pair actually, but one pair in particular has really cause a riot at our house. Great joy in the little things... I mean, yes -- who doesn't get excited about new shoes, but these boys were beyond excited. They could hardly contain themselves seeing what had arrived. The shoes I am talking about are a dark gray color with neon orange accents -- made by Carters, and they light up! The commotion began when the boys discovered the shoes would light up when they dropped them on the ground. SO, of course that began a nice shoe throwing contest... we had shoes thrown across the room and coming from every direction. They would throw one shoe, run over-- pick it up, and proceed to throw it again. This went on for a little bit, but the real fun wasn't until the next morning.

I was getting the boys ready to leave the house, so I put on those shoes. The little turkeys proceeded to chase each other around the dining room watching each others shoes light up! Pretty soon, I saw Landon drop to the floor. He then picked up his foot and took a nice good look at that shoe... the look on his face was one of disappointment and confusion -- it wasn't lighting up anymore. I thumped the bottom of it, and once again excitement light up his face.

I love seeing their little minds working so hard to figure out the concept of what was going on... I wonder what new discovery will take place today...

No comments:

Post a Comment