Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Springtime! Routine Change.

It's officially Springtime! The planter is in the field which means our schedule gets rocked a little bit.

The boys and I usually take lunch to the field every day to feed their dad. I've got it down to a science really--- I've done this since they were itty bitty babies! During harvest and planting lunch gets started at 10:45--- so that by 11:15 the boys are eating, while I pack up Dad's portions to take to the field. By the time I'm done with that, I clean up the boys and we head to the car! We arrive at the field usually around 12:00 sharp! (however, I do have a 10 minute leeway--- I tell myself that's 5 minutes per kid) 

Depending on the day, dad will either stop and sit in the car to have lunch with us or he'll grab it and keep on keeping on! By the time we are back from the field, it's diaper changes and nap time! 

It's all about a system. Some people think I'm crazy--- but, it works for us and I know that dad gets a good meal, just in case he doesn't make it in early for supper. The boys still see dad everyday. I make breakfast every morning! Scrambled eggs and ham, that's dad and the boys time!

So, tonight here I sit. Outside on my deck, in my big comfy chair he got me last week. (Spoiled-- I know! But, it reminds me that I'm appreciated) I got the boys in bed, my workout in, and now for the first time all day: some quiet time. Just me, my chair, and the sound of the planter just down the road. Nothing beats this time of year, and nothing like living on the farm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment