Monday, January 5, 2015

That last laugh...will belong to mom

See the problem with having twin boys is we are at the stage that everything is funny. This morning when Landon was dancing on top of the dining room table, the echo of mom in the background yelling for him to get down was just a figment of his imagination. On the floor standing next to the table you can find his brother giggling his butt off. Finding his dancing skills exceptionally groovy today, Logan suddenly got the beat and up the chair he climbed. As a mom, how can you possibly discipline (with a straight face) the two little blondes dancing their hearts out, giggling along with the Hot Dog Song... thank you Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. To answer my own question, I didn't. Instead I did the next best thing -- I joined in. If we had neighbors I'm sure their favorite part of the day would be window watching these two.


Tonight I had the boys in the bath tub, which is always a "trip". Landon was at an all time high of being ornery tonight, and it got him in a bit of trouble... or should have. He was taking the cup, filling it with water and dumping it--- out of the tub. I quickly found myself yelling "Landon-- do it again and you're getting out!" However, my mind wanted to thank him for helping to clean the floor. Because of his water outside the tub, my bathroom floor got scrubbed down tonight... and let's be honest -- that doesn't happen too often. Landon takes bath time pretty seriously, so he quickly stopped. BUT, in true twin fashion -- where one leaves off, the other picks up. "Logan -- do it again and you're getting out!" This time deep belly giggles came from both boys. Oh, they're funny alright. I ask again, how do you discipline them when they do something like that?!


Here's my answer. My phone. See my phone can easily record all the moments of their childhood that may someday cause some red cheeks from embarrassment. Bathing with his brother in the bathtub, dancing to mickey mouse on the table...... keep up the silliness my sweet little boys. For someday, you'll be teenagers and mom might just get that last laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment