Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Pick and choose your battles...

First off, I need to apologize to a few very loyal followers... our summer's are very busy and I am sorry I haven't given you a good laugh for a very long time!


Here's today's adventures!


I was folding laundry tonight with toddlers, which is never a good idea. I took the boys to bed, and realized at some point when I was putting pajamas on the monsters my phone seemed to have been misplaced. Completely lost. After a friend called me to help find it, I see it had been placed in the only laundry basket that still had clothes in it. I'll give the little man whom did that one credit, because not only was it hid, he hid it between clothes.... boys -1 mom -0 well played little monster -- another battle I'm not willing to fight.


They really have become ornery little guys. I knew the day would come, I guess I hoped it wouldn't be so soon. I'm not prepared. We went on a little roadtrip excursion today for haircuts... and to make a stop that I promise was on the way. It was just the boys and I, and somehow we stumbled upon a discount boots store in the city. Darn, I hate when you drive by a place that is just to good to be true. So, as a good farm-wife-mom would do, I stopped. Out comes my double stroller, and into cowboy boots heaven we went. Just looking around, we found two pair of cowboy boots, size 7toddler, that were the same! It's like they were put there for me to buy. BUT, that was after the boys managed to slip out of the stroller, and clear the shelves of boots. Adults boots. Oops. Highlight was when Landon found a mirror and proceeded to see what he looked like in a "big man" boot. Bless the man that was working... he just sat Logan down and put on a pair of boots in his size. It was love at first sight, and honestly... I'm not sure we will ever have a need for "tennies" again. So, if you see my boys running around with shorts and boots, just know that's a battle I choose not to fight.


See with twins, that's really how it goes. I'm sure with kids in general.... you pick and choose your battles. Laundry and cowboy boots... those are two battles I just don't have the energy for... at least not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment